Hott Books is a dream come true for me, Gina Hott. I’m a married mother of three who spends my spare time either cheering at my kids various sporting events or reading. I read a bit of everything, including previewing books for a plethora of nieces and nephews.
Before you submit your request for me to review your book there are some things you should know:
- I have stopped making ARCs a priority and have started making the books I’VE ALREADY PURCHASED my priority. I love that so many books are now getting As and I don’t feel like my reviews need to be quite so… tactful. :0 Yup. That’s really the issue. (And I’m certain that’s why Amazon hates reviews from ARCs and Author gifted copies.) I’m always honest in my reviews, but when someone requests a review, or I review as a part of a tour, I seem to think about the author’s feelings a bit more when I write the review. No, I’m never nasty, I’d never say that a book is just awful, just that maybe it didn’t suit me because of the genre or content. But I still feel off about them. Not that this is a bad thing. To be honest, when I’m writing my reviews I try to picture both a prospective reader and the author reading that and I try to give each they honestly that they deserve. Because of this change, if I don’t think I’m going to love your book and wouldn’t spend my money on it, it’s unlikely I’ll agree to a review.
- My current lead time for a review is 3-9 months. I’m spending most of my time reading books I’ve purchased and still not read and books that have been recommended to me by friends.
- I typically read books in the genres of: Contemporary Romance, Christian Romance, Historical Romance, YA, Middle-Grade, Children’s fiction, and Mystery.
- I accept books only in English. I do not review books that have been translated.
- I will not read or review books including but not limited to: horror, graphic violence, serial novels, non-fiction, erotica, LGBTQIA, Horror, Gore, Political, Conspiracy, or anything else that just doesn’t appeal to me at the moment.
- I rarely accept Non-Fiction.
- I do not like when my form is not filled out correctly AND completely. If you don’t have the time to answer my questions, I won’t make time to review your book. I do not like when submitters are offended that I won’t review their book. If I’m not interested, my review will be a waste of time on both our parts.
- I do not advertise on my blog.
If all of this is fine with you, or if you’d just like to say Hi I’d love to hear from you!