Hott Books is a dream come true for me, Gina Hott. I’m a married mother of three who spends my spare time either cheering at my kids various sporting events or reading. I read a bit of everything, including previewing books for a plethora of nieces and nephews.
Before you submit your request for me to review your book there are some things you should know:
- I have stopped making ARCs a priority and have started making the books I’VE ALREADY PURCHASED my priority. I love that so many books are now getting As and I don’t feel like my reviews need to be quite so… tactful. :0 Yup. That’s really the issue. (And I’m certain that’s why Amazon hates reviews from ARCs and Author gifted copies.) I’m always honest in my reviews, but when someone requests a review, or I review as a part of a tour, I seem to think about the author’s feelings a bit more when I write the review. No, I’m never nasty, I’d never say that a book is just awful, just that maybe it didn’t suit me because of the genre or content. But I still feel off about them. Not that this is a bad thing. To be honest, when I’m writing my reviews I try to picture both a prospective reader and the author reading that and I try to give each they honestly that they deserve. Because of this change, if I don’t think I’m going to love your book and wouldn’t spend my money on it, it’s unlikely I’ll agree to a review.
- My current lead time for a review is 3-9 months. I’m spending most of my time reading books I’ve purchased and still not read and books that have been recommended to me by friends.
- I typically read books in the genres of: Contemporary Romance, Christian Romance, Historical Romance, YA, Middle-Grade, Children’s fiction, and Mystery.
- I accept books only in English. I do not review books that have been translated.
- I will not read or review books including but not limited to: horror, graphic violence, serial novels, non-fiction, erotica, LGBTQIA, Horror, Gore, Political, Conspiracy, or anything else that just doesn’t appeal to me at the moment.
- I rarely accept Non-Fiction.
- I do not like when my form is not filled out correctly AND completely. If you don’t have the time to answer my questions, I won’t make time to review your book. I do not like when submitters are offended that I won’t review their book. If I’m not interested, my review will be a waste of time on both our parts.
- I do not advertise on my blog.
If all of this is fine with you, or if you’d just like to say Hi I’d love to hear from you!
If you’re submitting your book the entire form MUST be completed properly or you book will not be considered.
Current Blog Schedule:
(subject to change without notice)