Until New Years I’ll be doing something a bit different. Each Saturday, I’ll do a mini-review of one of the ‘books’ contained in a novella. Enjoy!
A Prairie Christmas Collection:
9 Historical Christmas Romances from America’s Great Plains
Contained in this collection are:
- Take Me Home by Tracey V. Bateman
- One Wintry Night by Pamela Griffin
- Image of Love by JoAnn A. Grote
- The Christmas Necklace by Maryn Langer Smith
- A Christmas Gift of Love by Darlene Mindrup
- God Jul by Tracie Peterson
- Circle of Blessings by Deborah Raney
- Christmas Cake by Janet Spaeth
- Colder Than Ice by Jill Stengl
Mantie spends much of her life avoiding men and turning down proposals.
Lane, on the other hand, just keeps asking God, “Is it her?”
It’s shocking to think that the two of them could be friends but it seems that each are willing to do their part in keeping ‘the children’ happy. Lane’s priority is his brother while Mantie’s priority is her deceased brother’s children.
Will she see it his way – or will he finally see it hers?
I loved it! I loved Mantie’s intense desire to do what she thought was right – even if it’s just that she’s protecting herself. I love that Lane is such a ‘real’ person. I genuinely would invite these people home for dinner… well, maybe not to my house, then I’d have to cook…
** Many of the books I review are Advance Review Copies. These books are loaned to me for my review. I am in no way compensated for my time nor am I asked to give anything but my honest review.
© Hott Books | Google+