It’s challenge sign-up day…
I’ve decided to join in on the following challenges.
I’m trying to win a cruise… or maybe stow-away in someone’s luggage
1) Challenge is from Jan 1, 2011 to Dec 31, 2011.
2) All of the books must be from the Harlequin family of imprints (includes Mira books as well)
3) Read one book for each of these requirements:
— 1. A relationship in the title (mother, father, brother, sister, etc.)
— 2. A weather condition in the title (rain, snow, storm, etc.)
— 3. An occupation in the title (cop, nurse, doctor, etc.)
— 4. A book with the author’s first or last name beginning with “C”
— 5. A name in the title (Mary, Sam, etc.)
1. Sign up to participate. Fill out the form below. Sign-ups will close at 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31, 2011.
2. Bloggers, please grab the button and put it on your blog to show your participation and provide a link back so others can join. Also, please add your blog to the Linky List so everyone can see at a glance which blogs are participating and visit you if they wish.
3. Read 1, yes, just 1 book for fun each month. Bloggers if you feel compelled to review the book you can but it is not required. You may want to list what books you have read under the button on your blog.
4. All book formats are allowed, printed, audio, e-book.
5. Before the first day of the next month, return to the Jun For Fun page here at Dollycas’s Thoughts. Just click on the picture or on the JUST FOR FUN READING CHALLENGE 2011 page listed in the Pages section near the top of the right sidebar. Fill out the form there for the proper month. You will have until the 3rd day of the following month to enter your information before the form will be closed. (A 3 day grace period.)
6. A form must be filled out for each month.
7. These books can be counted in your total books read for the year challenge but hope you don’t cross them over to any other challenges. They are supposed to be read JUST FOR FUN!
8. Everyone that completes the Challenge, 12 books in 12 months read JUST FOR FUN will be entered in a drawing for a $25 dollar Amazon.com Gift Certificate or $25 at The Book Depository for International Participants.
1. Create a post for the challenge using the image above and link back to this post.
2. Sign up with the Mr. Linky.
3. The goal of this challenge is to read AT LEAST 12 novels that are in the Romance genre (ANY kind of romance) between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Books read before January 1, 2011 do NOT count towards the challenge.
4. Audio, eBooks, paper all count. Re-reads are ok but try to keep them to a minimum. Cross overs from other challenges are ok.
5. There is no need to create your list now. Please feel free to use your challenge post to keep track of your titles if you so desire.
- Choose on place from each category. It's up to you – you can do one of the suggested places, or you can pick one from your life that you think fits.
- Read in that category for at least one hour. Ten minutes six times counts and sixty minutes one time counts, you get the picture.
- Wait for March 30, June 30, September 30, and December 30 to see if you're the lucky finisher that was drawn for a prize.
Twist Your House – somewhere inside your house that you have never sat & read before
Place of Commerce – somewhere that things are sold
Move – just somewhere where you are moving through space
Nature – sitting/standing on something that isn't manmade
You Don’t Call HomeOut of state. At your neighbor's house. Hotel.
Probably Shouldn’t – Think work, church, grocery shopping.
In Pairs – someone else in the room is reading their own book too
Seven hours of reading in a place that you probably wouldn't normally. That's the challenge.
1. no new books. quite obviously. It needs to be in the public domain, meaning the copyright has expired… about 100 years old.
2. Since the copyright should be expired… you know what that means, right? Yes! you can probably download it online for free! Or if you’re like me, you can find tons of printed versions at used book stores or goodwill, or get a book on paperback swap.
3. Any format: e-books, bound, audio, etc.
4. crossovers are fine
5. No condensed or abridged versions. Read the real book, read the whole book.
1. 26 books!
For each letter, read a book that has a main character or key supporting character (not some random minor character mentioned twice!) whose name starts with that letter. It doesn’t have to be the title of the book, just the name. Ex: Alice (in wonderland), Bella (twilight), Cathy (Wuthering Heights), Dracula (Dracula) Estella (Great Expectations), etc.
2. only one letter per book!
3. Crossovers are fine
4. audio, e-book, bound book, someone reading it out loud to you, reading a book to your little brother or sister, it all counts.
5. any length—short stories, books of the Bible, etc. they all count for this one.
6. Don’t have to be a blogger, don’t have to review the book. Just tell me you’re participating. Goodreads is a great way to keep track of books for non-bloggers (make a shelf for this challenge and keep track of them that way!)
That makes a total of 24 challenges for me. — How about you?
© Hott Books | Google+