I’ve been thinking quite a lot about New Year’s Resolutions, lately. Well, really, who hasn’t?
But my thoughts have mostly centered on what I did last year and how I’d like to change.
Some of the things I did last year was:
- to create a blogging schedule – this was good because it helped me to not feel overwhelmed on a daily basis
- to only commit to one or two pre-scheduled ARCs per month – this was good because I was able to read the books as I was in the mood for them instead of feeling like I was reading books as a job
- to only accept ARCs for books that I wanted to read – this is good because I was able to enjoy the books I’m helping to promote
- to review novellas on Saturdays – not good, because I’m not always in the mood for a lengthy anthology
- to do the Teaser Tuesday meme – though I find most of my TBR list from this meme, I’ve found that it’s really difficult for me to remember to pull phrases I enjoy and I’m unable to post or visit for this on Mondays or Tuesdays because of my schedule
- to pre-post all of my posts – we’re constantly running and pre-posting has helped me to feel like I have a handle on my blog instead of constantly feeling like I’m behind
- I review YA or children’s books on Wednesdays and Adult books on Thursdays – I like this because I can realistically handle doing one of each every week
So, in summary, I can say that I’ve really enjoyed these last two years of blogging, I’ve tremendously enjoyed the friends I’ve made, and I’m planning to continue for the long run.
But, I’m making some changes.
- I’m only participating in memes as I have time.
- I’m ONLY reviewing books that I want to read.
- I’m only reviewing novellas/anthologies if they seem interesting at that time.
- I’m not going to get hung up on having a post for each and every day.
- The only post I’m not pre-posting is Fre Fridays – yes, I’m planning to continue that.
- I’m leaving Saturdays open right now, maybe using it for a whatever day or for some of this non-fiction I’ve been intending to read
So, what do you think? Is there something else I do that you think is a waste of my time? Is there something I should be doing that I don’t?
© Hott Books | Google+