Free Reads 2012 Reading Challenge:
January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
Free Reads is a new challenge we’re starting this year and we hope it does as well as our other ones.
What It’s All About
Are you one of those book lovers who receive lots of books for presents? Have unread books lying around that you won in giveaways, received as ARCs, were given second hand, or even found lying around in the street! Then you might want to join in this challenge because we’re aiming to read all those unread books received as freebies in some form.
- The Main Rule: Read books you’ve received without purchasing, gifts, ARCs, prizes (not library books), that you haven’t read yet.
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! As long as they were free when you got them, it doesn’t matter..
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
The How To
- Choose Your Level: These are listed further down and you can change levels at any time.
- Grab The Badge: Place it somewhere on your blog, profile, or in a signature where possible and link back (main page or this page, it’s up to you).
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (only if allowed) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link!
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment!
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review we’d love for you to share them by submitting them on the Review Page (including social networks).
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the Completion Post page!
- For Me? – Choose 5 books to read
- On The Cheap – Choose 15 books to read ** I think this is it for me. Especially since I just opted to read all of Julia Quinn’s books. (WHAT DID I DO?) **
- Bargain – Choose 30 books to read
- Presents – Choose 50 books to read
- So Free – Choose 75 books to read
- Gift Addict – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Speechless – Choose between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level For Me? and On The Cheap: Choose one country
- Level Bargain and Presents: Choose two countries
- Level So Free to end of Gift Addict: Choose three countries
- Level Speechless: Choose four countries.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.