- She’s divorced – to a man who decided he’d make a better woman.
- She was recently dumped – by a man who cheated on her with someone half her age and stole the pan she loved along with the dream of now going into debt at the prospect of sending her only child to college.
- She has money in the back – though not nearly enough to send her child to college or go on a really good shopping spree.
- She has a wonderful son – who is a teenager, refusing to speak to her unless absolutely necessary and preparing to go to a college he deserves but can’t afford.
- She has a job as a sous chef – Jill may love to cook but she detests her boss and ‘creating’ hundreds of identical dishes.
- She has fabulous friends – the only thing saving her from insanity.
Something’s got to give… before she does!
OH MY GOODNESS!! I don’t know when I’ve laughed so hard!
This is my first experience with the writing of Kathy Carmichael – but it absolutely will not be my last. I have to admit, though, I almost didn’t pick it up because I hated the cover. I’m so glad that I grabbed it on a whim because I’d have missed the most fun book I’ve read in quite a while.
Jill’s responses to life’s set-backs are those things that I’ve always wanted to do – sending out surveys to find out how to make a marriage last and how to pick the right man, looking for a man to pay for your child’s education, breaking into your ex’s house to retrieve your beloved pan – but never had the gumption. I loved living vicariously and will be back for more!
|Steam:||Adult||(Ok for an older teen)|
Do you like my reviews? If you do, please, stop by and rate them at one of the bookstores or review sites.
** Many of the books I review are Advance Review Copies. These books are loaned to me for my review. I am in no way compensated for my time nor am I asked to give anything but my honest review. If you have further questions, please, review my FTC Disclaimer on my homepage.
9 Replies to “Review: Hot Flash”
What a fun review. This cover is too cheesy funny. I’m glad to hear the story is worth it.
That’s what I thought, too. I kept pushing the book off because I didn’t like the cover.
I wouldn’t have thought this book was so much fun, probably because I really don’t like the cover. But I think I’m going to give it an opportunity 😛
Oh, Gabby, what an honor!! Thanks for letting me know that you’re trying out a book because of my review. Please, stop back by and let me know if you enjoyed it more than you expeccted.